Monday 26 January 2015

Genesis 44, 45, 46

My reading continues.  Not really a chapter a day -- but maybe a couple a week.  The Joseph story is fun to read.  The trickery, the reveal, sending the brothers back to get Dad-Israel-Jacob.  Lots of repetition, which is part of what makes it one of the easier stories to read.

They did x
He saw they did x
He told them he saw they did x

Like that.  But interesting too, as I really appreciated this time through some of the artistry of the prose.  Because I'm actually READING some of it (as opposed to deciphering it word by word).  Not all, but some.  Which is pretty cool.

I've just started in on 46 and I can see the end of Genesis sneaking up.  WHOO HOO!

In other news -- I have ordered a bow!  A gorgeous sky-blue SF Forged Plus Olympic recurve riser.  I don't expect to see it before the end of March (it's backordered), but here it is:

My first choice is the sky-blue.  Then the silver.  Then the royal blue.  Pretty, right??

No comments:

Post a Comment